Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lajoie eighth at Willow Springs

From Nadine Lajoie

ROSAMOND, CA – Nadine Lajoie enjoyed a good kick-off to 2008 with an eighth place in Middleweight in recent action at Willow Springs Raceway.

Unfortunately, she didn't have any points in the local series so she was gridded 18th out of 20 racers. She had a good start and she was able to edge out around the ninth place rider in less than two laps but a red flag stopped the race and there was a full restart, so she started again in 18th position.

The restarted race had only four laps and she could not do better than eighth place.

"I was very disappointed to see my striving in the first start to be useless because I was still in the back," she said. "When I saw the red flag, I was convinced I would be gridded on the third row, which would give me a chance of podium."

In Heavyweight she had a 10th place finish, starting from the 17th place on the grid.

Lajoie has been in California most of the winter but she broke her collarbone in the beginning of January and was sidelined for nine weeks.

In April, she will participate in WERA West at Las Vegas (April 12-13) then she will go back to Willow Springs (April 19-20).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive