Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Day Late - But Not A Penny Short


My own personal female ride day: 188 km round trip. The weather forecast called for sun, the radar showed clear so where did the big black clouds come from?



So, when I stopped (Tichborne, ON) to take a photo of the looming sky ahead I realized why I didn't see anyone else outside. Moments after taking my helmet off I was swarmed by a cloud of blood thirsty black flies. From there it was on to Sharbot Lake then Perth with the mandatory stop at "Timmys", Westport and home again ... I followed the same dark cloud most of the way. There were a few sprinkles but luckily nothing to cry about. The temperature was a little less than expected so I tried out the heated grips once again (just for comforts sake)

Westport ON, foot of Foley Mountain




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive