Thursday, January 31, 2008

Lawson impressed by IMS circuit

From the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

INDIANAPOLIS, IN -- Motorcycle racing legend Eddie Lawson visited the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Tuesday, giving the new road course his stamp of approval.

Lawson, a native of Upland, CA, won the 500cc World Championship in 1984, 1986, 1988 and 1989. The 500cc class preceded the MotoGP World Championship as the pinnacle of motorcycle road racing.

Lawson toured the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Hall of Fame Museum and was treated to several passenger-vehicle laps of the famous IMS oval and road course. The inaugural Red Bull Indianapolis GP will take place Sunday, Sept. 14 on the road course.

“It looks they’ve been working really hard, for sure, and I wish I could have raced on something like that when I was racing,” Lawson said. “It looks like they’re going to have a lot of fun out there. I was wish I was back (and) was racing.

"I’ve been all over the world and raced on a lot of racetracks, but you come into this place, and it’s awe-inspiring.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive