Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bow Cycle and Kawasaki back Karthaus

From Majik X

CALGARY, AB -- Bow Cycle, in co-operation with Canadian Kawasaki Motors has announced it will team up to support Majik X’s female racer Amy Karthaus for the 2009 season.

Karthaus will ride Kawasaki's new ZX-6R in the CMRA Amateur 600 championship along with the Middleweight classes in the Masters of the Mountain Series at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, UT, MRA in Colorado and selected rounds of the Armour Bodies Amateur 600 Sport Bike national series.

“I’m going to race to win," she said. "With this new bike, and all of our extraordinary sponsors for 2009, I really feel like I’m up to the challenge. Bow Cycle really pressed to get me this support and I can’t thank them enough for that.

"I am so excited to race the brand new ZX6. Everyone’s been talking so highly about it I can’t wait to see what she’ll do on the asphalt. This is the bike I've been after and I know that the equipment is capable of winning championships. So the rest is up to me.”

Karthaus burst onto the scene in 2006, competing in the CMRA's Novice Class in Calgary aboard a 2003 Kawasaki 636. She followed up the next season with a Novice win in Spokane, WA and respectable podium finishes with the Women’s Cup in Eastern Canada. She celebrated a career best in 2008 by finishing fifth in the CMRA Amateur Middleweight Sportbike championship.

Karthaus will once again represent Majik X in 2009. Three-time CMRA Superbike Champion Mike Zottmann (owner, crew chief and mechanic of Majix X) will watch over her throughout the '09 season.

“If it weren’t for the support of Mike and my wonderful family I would be lost," she said. "I am one lucky lady.”

Karthaus also teams up with Monster Energy, Michelin, Lockhart Phillips, Pilot Leathers, Shoei, Sidi, Ogio, Hotbodies, Dirty Kustoms, Galfer, APE Race Parts, Vortex, Rockwell Time, Oakley, Bella Bellastic, One Track Mind and Motoress.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive