Friday, January 23, 2009

McCormick goes solo with Suzuki

From Picotte Performance/Blackfoot/Team Suzuki

CALGARY, AB -- Brett McCormick will join Picotte Performance/Blackfoot/Team Suzuki to ride in both the Parts Canada Superbike and Yoshimura Pro 600 Sport Bike classes aboard Suzuki GSX-R1000 and GSX-R600 machines in 2009.

“I am thrilled to be back for 2009 with my partners from past years, Suzuki Canada and Pascal Picotte," said Pat Chambers, president of Blackfoot Motorsports. "I feel that we can provide the best possible team infrastructure for our rider, and having Brett McCormick as our sole rider just adds to the quality of our effort.

"Brett is certainly the most promising rider in Canada today. He is mature, intelligent and a quick learner. We will provide him with the best possible support, and I am sure that 2009 will be his and our year.”

“We are very glad to come back in 2009 with our partners from last year," said Mark Jeffery, General Manager of Suzuki's Motorcycle, ATV and Marine Division. "We know and appreciate the people, and the work we have accomplished together in the past years will serve us well in 2009.

"Economic conditions have meant that we will now focus on one rider, and I know that we have picked the right one. Brett is quick, and will get even quicker as the season progresses. This is the continuation of a great partnership and I look forward to a fruitful season in both classes.”

The 17-year-old McCormick is preparing for the most important season of his young career.

“It is certainly going to be an exciting season for me," the Saskatoon native said. "Pascal has a great deal of racing and tuning experience at the top level, and I know I will learn a lot from him over the season.

“I will focus on speed and winning in the first part of the season, and let the points take care of themselves. By mid-season, we will see where we are and race accordingly. Now I need to get in racing shape before the season starts, so I will run at some track days in California, then test at Jennings with the team, and maybe race once or twice before the season starts up here.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive