Monday, October 26, 2009

Blazusiak wraps up Endurocross title

From the Taddy Blazusiak Results Service

KTM Enduro Factory Team / Red Bull rider Taddy Blazusiak is the 2009 US Endurocross champion.

Dominating the series since its start back in late June, the Pole secured his first AMA Endurocross title with yet another winning result in Denver last weekend.

Posting the fastest time in the event’s Hot Lap qualifying session before going on to win his heat race, Blazusiak then won the penultimate round of the series to put his name to the prestigious title.

Starting well in the main event, Blazusiak spent the opening lap battling with Geoff Aaron before making a pass over the tire section. Then pursued by Colton Haaker, Blazusiak stuck to his game plan and maintained a pace he was comfortable with.

Edging ahead of Haaker as the race progressed Blazusiak kept himself out of trouble and claimed his fourth win of the season. In doing so he became the ’09 AMA Endurocross champion.

“I think this was the best race of my life," the new champ said. "It went better than I even hoped it would. From setting the fastest Hot Lap to winning my heat to getting the win in the main, just about everything went perfectly.

"It’s a massive relief to have secured the title before the final in Vegas and I’m so pleased the championship’s mine. Getting the holeshot in the main was exactly what I wanted to do. The track was pretty fast so it was important to be up front early on.

“Colton Haaker was riding really well and was with me for a few laps after that. I could see exactly where he was and just kept my own pace. The track was great fun, not too technical and quite fast.

" I’m so pleased that the championship’s mine. The pressure is off now, which is great because I can really focus on the Indoor Enduro World Cup race this coming weekend now, as well as going to final round of the Endurocross championship in Vegas and just going for it. If I win there I’ll get $50,000, which would be a great end to the series."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive