Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fabrizio returns to Alstare Suzuki

From worldsbk.com

Alstare Suzuki is going back to the future in 2011, as Michel Fabrizio rejoins the team that helped take him to the 2003 European Superstock Championship.

Fabrizio will spearhead the official Suzuki entry next year, and is a proven race winner, having taken one win at Kyalami this year, and four career WSBK races in total. The former Xerox Ducati rider has already tested for the team, and declared himself satisfied with progress in his return to four-cylinder action.

"I am very happy with how the tests went at Magny-Cours last week," he said, "even though the weather was not so good on the first day. I am a bit surprised how easily I got used to the Suzuki Alstare bike after three years of riding a twin. A twin requires a completely different style to a four, so to jump onto a four and get comfortable so soon is a very good sign. Having known the team from before obviously helped and soon I felt as if I had never been away.

"My first impressions of the bike are that it feels strong and can be a title contender. Leon [Haslam] showed that this year, so I am looking forward to more tests and then racing it. This championship is very hard and competitive and you have to be on your game all the time. But, I know I have a good team behind me and I think we can have a very good season next year."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive