Monday, November 22, 2010

Letter to a Pilot

*** continued from previous post ***

September 20th, 2008

Dear Amber,

Well, I guess I need to apologize. After talking with your Mom I found out you're not going to be a Navy Pirate, but a Navy PILOT.

That's cool and all but damn . . . I was really looking forward to visiting you and scuttling a few of Her Majesty's schooners. Well, whatever. I shall get over my disappointment. Eventually.

Dammit! Could you still get a Navy issued parrot?

So, I've been looking into this whole Navy Pilot thingee - wow. Double wow. The more I read, the more I'm thinking this might even be COOLER than being a Pirate! Pirate's don't get to fly. Well, not unless they're unruly and get launched out of a cannon.

So now I have a few questions for you:

1. Do they let you check out the aircraft on weekends? You know, for pleasure trips?

2. Mom says that if you graduate OCS, then you go to ground school. Really? I would think you would go to Air School. I mean, don't you want to avoid the ground?

3. Do you get to pick your own call sign? If so, might I suggest "Bubbles", or "Perky", or possibly "Smiles"? Those are some bad ass pilot names right there and I believe they would fit your personality quite well.

4. Is it too late to apply to Pirate School?

Love ,

Daddio

P.S. Your cat came back. It took him a few days to dig himself out of the ground. I guess he wasn't dead. Just really, really tired. My bad.


*** The journey continues tomorrow ***

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive