Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Blazusiak back on bike

From Global Motorsport Communications

Following the horrific practice crash that resulted in Taddy Blazusiak undergoing a four-hour operation during which time doctors attached metal plates to his left eye socket and both cheekbones, the KTM Enduro Factory Team rider is pleased to be back on a bike again and preparing for his return to full-time competition.

Forced off a bike for a little over five weeks, and following several follow up visits to facial surgeons in both Austria and Poland, Blazusiak has been given a clean bill of health and is hard at work preparing himself for his return to competition – round four of the US Endurocross series, which takes place in Denver on Sept. 27.

Undergoing surgery at the Harborview Medical Centre in Seattle, WA, where he was diagnosed as having multiple broken bones in his face, Blazusiak spent one week in hospital before being allowed to return home to Poland. Once back in Poland he spent one month doing little more than resting while his injuries healed.

While his chances of winning the ’08 US Endurocross title are all but over, Blazusiak hopes to return to the podium during the second half of the series while readying himself for the start of the Indoor Enduro World Championship.

“I’m not 100 per cent over my injuries yet, and I know it will be a little while until I’m back to my best, but it’s great to be back on a bike again," he said. "What’s weird about having been forced to take some time off while my body healed is that I feel like the rest has done me good, in a strange way.

“Things weren’t too good for a while after the crash, but I guess that’s to be expected considering what I did. The first week that I spent in hospital in the States wasn’t much fun as I gave myself a pretty good concussion and was in a fair bit of discomfort. It was uncomfortable more than anything, and disappointing, too."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive