Friday, September 19, 2008

Hill to join Honda in World Superbike

From worldsbk.com

Britain's Tommy Hill is set to move up to the Superbike World Championship in 2009 after agreeing terms with the HANNspree Honda Althea team.

Hill was going to do World Supersport with the team this year but has been out of action since the start of the year, first due to a winter testing crash and then since his comeback race at the Nurburgring when he was taken out by another rider and suffered further broken bones.

"For me this is fantastic news. I have gained confidence and trust in the Hannspree Honda Althea team and they've helped me through the hard times passed this year," declared Hill. "My team has passion and above all loyalty. They have given me a fantastic helping hand, and I hope to pay them back with strong, consistent results for the 2009 World Superbike season."

Team manager Salvatore Giorlandino added, "Tommy Hill is an excellent addition to the team. I appreciated his riding qualities and his determination. His brilliant results in past British Superbike only strengthened our idea of taking him onboard. We think Hill could be a wonderful revelation for the next 2009 Superbike World Championship."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive