Friday, September 26, 2008

Takahashi steps up to MotoGP

From motogp.com

With Andrea Dovizioso departing for Repsol Honda and former team boss Gianluca Montiron heading for pastures new at the end of the season, Yuki Takahashi will move up from the 250cc class to ride for a new-look, Cirano Mularoni-headed Scot Racing outfit next season.

At a press conference announcing the plans on Friday at the A-Style Grand Prix of Japan, Takahashi told motogp.com, "I am very happy because it has been my dream for a long time to get into MotoGP. I have been working with the team since 2005 and after three years I have got my MotoGP ticket. But it has not just been my work, Honda have helped, my team have helped and so have our sponsors, so I want to say thank you to them all."

Bad luck with injuries has hampered Takahashi in his World Championship progress in recent seasons, but a consistent season in 2008 has earned him a chance to prove himself at the top level next year.

Mularoni stated, "I am proud to announce the debut of Yuki in MotoGP riding the Honda RC212V after four season in the 250 class. This year Yuki has proven himself as a mature rider and he deserves to take the step up. The team is highly motivated to continue alongside Honda for many years to come striving for success. I hope next year with Yuki we can repeat the results of Andrea this season. It is a big day for us."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive