Monday, May 26, 2008

New territory for Alstare Suzuki

From Team Suzuki Alstare

The sixth round of the 2008 Superbike World Championship takes place for the first time at Miller Motorsports Park, near Salt Lake City in Utah this weekend. This purpose-built, new facility is hosting its first ever World Superbike event and also holding a round of the AMA Superbike Championship at the same time.

None of the current WSBK teams or riders have raced at Millet Motorsports Park before, so it will be a new experience for everybody. As the AMA Superbike series uses a different course layout to World Superbikes, there are no lap times to compare, making it a unique occasion for the WSBK regulars.

"We are all going somewhere we’ve never been before and have no knowledge about," said Fonsi Nieto. "So, I guess a lot will be down to who can learn the track quickly, get a good bike set-up, do a good Superpole and then two good races. It is the same situation for everybody and it’s going to be a very different experience to racing in Europe for sure."

Normally, I learn tracks quite fast, so I am hoping that Miller will be the same," added Yukio Kagayama. "Of course, Suzuki USA is very strong and has much information on Miller, but this time they cannot help us because we are racing a different design track to the one they use. My season has been a bit up and down, but I am going to Miller determined to challenge for the top places in both races."

Max Neukirchner said he also learns new tracks quickly.

"The layout we are using doesn’t look so hard, but I want to do some laps before I talk about how it could be," he said. "After my first ever race win, I am now eager for more. Before this season started, I felt that I could win a race and now that I have done it, I want a lot more."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive