Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gibernau returns for Ducati test

From Marlboro Ducati

Sete Gibernau will test at Mugello from June 17-19. The Spanish rider expressed his desire to get back on track during a brief visit to the Catalunya paddock last weekend, and offered the Ducati MotoGP Test Team a welcome opportunity to intensify its development program.

As a result Gibernau, who knows the D16 very well and was one of the first to test the GP7 in Motegi in September, 2006, will join official test rider Vittoriano Guareschi during next week's test session.This initiative will allow the team to gather important data during a period when official GP riders will not have the possibility to test due to the busy racing calendar.

"I'm honoured by this possibility that Ducati has given me," said Gibernau. "I'm very excited and I'm in perfect shape, even if it has been a while since I have been on a GP bike. It is just a test but I'll give my absolute maximum. I can't wait to enjoy once again the feeling of bringing a MotoGP machine to its limit."

Next week, meanwhile, Niccola Canepa will spend two days at the Brno circuit testing with Bridgestone. The Czech track has been completely resurfaced since last year's race and the new tire regulations for 2008 allow the possibility to carry out pre-race testing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive