Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Neukirchner rolls to Misano

From Team Suzuki Alstare

The eighth round of this year's Superbike World Championship takes place at the Misano circuit and will hopefully be a hotter and sunnier affair then the last round at the Nurburgring.

The 4.180km track is situated only a short distance from the Adriatic coastline and has been a regular on the calendar since 1991. Last year the direction of the track was reversed - a move not popular with some riders.

Team Alstare Suzuki rider Max Neukirchner has been the sensation of the season so far and he will be going all out for a podium (or two) on raceday.

"I couldn't get the win I wanted in front of my home fans last week, so I will have to try and win in Misano," Neukirchner said. "For sure the factory Ducatis will be very strong there, so it would be very good to put one over them at their home track."

Team Suzuki Alstare rider Yukio Kagayama was forced to miss the race in the last round because of a broken bone in his left hand, but is determined to make up for that in Misano.

"I had the plaster taken off my hand last Friday and then had it X-rayed again to check that everything was OK," Kagayama said. "Then I started my physiotherapy and began to strengthen my hand. It was not as bad as I expected and I feel confident that it will be OK for Misano."

His teammate Fonsi Nieto was disappointed with his results at the Nurburgring and he too will be eager to get back to podium ways.

"Last round was not so good for me, so I have to do better in Misano," Nieto said. "I prefer the old layout of Misano and think the the circuit is not so good with this new direction. But it is the same for everybody and I will be doing my best to get a good set-up in practice and qualifying and make a good Superpole. When you start so far down the grid, like the last round, it is difficult to fight for the podium."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive