Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Parkes ready after Supersport break

From Yamaha Racing

With the World Supersport Championship not featuring on the Miller Motorsports Park race schedule this year the championship moves onto round 6 at an old favourite, the Nürburgring, for the first time since 1999.

For Broc Parkes and Fabien Foret, from the Yamaha World Supersport Racing Team, the interruption to the rhythm of the season was unwelcome in some ways, but it has also provided the Parkes with much-needed recuperation time for his injured wrists, hands and forearm.

In the current standings, Foret is second on 71 points, only six from the lead, while Parkes is on 65, in third place.

Parkes is sure his weekend in Germany will start on a high note, as he has now made a good recovery from recent injuries.

"Finally my injuries are starting to heal up because for the first couple of weeks there was only a slow improvement, and that was an unpleasant surprise," he said. "The main thing is I have improved a lot now. The strange thing is that I had more problems with my sprained wrist than my broken radius bone, yet the radius bone was the one that was fractured. But it's all good now, and I'll be ready for the German race."

Foret said, "I have never been to the Nürburgring before, but I heard it is a nice track. I think most of us will be first-timers there, so it will be the same. I'm not worried in any way because it's easy to learn a new track. I can't make mistakes any more so I will not push over the limit for the next races, and I will be waiting for the right moment to win. I'm really back in the championship again so I am in the position now to give 100%, but no more. If I can win again, I will."

Davide De Gea from the Yamaha Spain World Supersport Team is battling to be fit in time to ride again in Germany alongside regular rider Davide Salom. Massimo Roccoli (Yamaha Team Italia Lorenzini by Leoni) is in 11th place overall going into the German round.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive