Thursday, November 20, 2008

De Puniet to miss Jerez test

From motogp.com

LCR Honda's Randy de Puniet will miss next week's MotoGP Official Test – the last premier class event of 2008 - in order to recover from the nagging wrist injury that has plagued the Frenchman in the final third of the year.

De Puniet and his team still have data with which to plan their 2009 attack, thanks to the post-race run-out in Valencia late last month that marked his first ride with the Honda-Bridgestone package. Following that appearance he immediately went in for treatment on the injury, although surgery appears not to be necessary.

"I won't be testing in Jerez, which will be good for me to recover completely," he said. "I'm wearing a big protective support on my hand and wrist and, although I can't do some movements with my right hand, the injury is getting better and less painful.

"I need to wear it for two more weeks and then it should be OK. At the moment I am only running and riding, but when I get better I will go back to my usual training like riding motocross and playing squash."

With plenty of time in which to plan his 2009 campaign, De Puniet has set similar goals to those established for him by LCR Honda boss Lucio Cecchinello, and is hoping for big things from the coming season.

"My target is to improve consistency in race results," De Puniet added. "On and off the bike I will work differently to last year; I have the speed, a good team and good tires as well, and I'm confident of having my best year in MotoGP. That's my target."

De Puniet will resume testing on Feb. 5 at the MotoGP Official Test in Sepang.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive