Monday, December 22, 2008

DiSalvo to test for Team Hammer

From Team Hammer

Racer Jason DiSalvo was due to test for Team Hammer, which currently races as M4 EMGO Suzuki, at Jennings GP in Jennings, FL on Sunday and Monday.

"As a racer, I'm really excited to test the M4 EMGO Suzuki. I have raced against their bikes when I competed in the old Supersport and Formula Xtreme classes in the past but I've never ridden one of them before. I've always thought their bikes looked like really fast machines," said DiSalvo. "I am stoked to get back out on the track and to get a chance to ride their bike."

DiSalvo will test the team's Suzuki GSX-R600 equipment in Florida, including the race-winning machine Blake Young used to win the final AMA Supersport event of 2008 at Laguna Seca. Mechanics Michael Tjon and Mike Earnhardt will assist DiSalvo at the test. Earhnardt previously worked with DiSalvo as Jason was rising through the ranks as a talented teen racer.

DiSalvo is visiting family near the team's shop in Athens, AL and all parties thought a test would be mutually beneficial. In the recent past, Team M4 EMGO Suzuki has raced on a different tire brand than the series control tires now supplied by Dunlop. A test with DiSalvo offers the team another chance to refine its setups for the '09 season after testing at Daytona earlier this month.

The New Yorker is currently unsigned for the 2009 season and said he welcomes the opportunity to keep his riding sharp with a test.

"It's a really good opportunity and it worked out well at for the team and for me. I'm currently not signed for next season and I wanted a chance to get back on the track and ride a fast bike and get some laps in. There's a spec tire for next season and the team wanted a chance to get some more info on the Dunlop tires and I have a lot of experience on Dunlops," said Jason, who finished third in the 2008 Superbike points.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive