Saturday, July 18, 2009

Lorenzo struggles at Sachsenring

From motogp.com

Friday at the Alice Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland saw Jorge Lorenzo struggling with his physical condition at Sachsenring, his injured shoulder and foot restricting his pace as he lapped 11th fastest overall.

However, Lorenzo was only 0.717 secs. behind paceman Casey Stoner and will look to step things up on Saturday as he finds his way forward at the German track with his Yamaha M1 and Bridgestone tires.

Making reference to his separated shoulder and fractured foot at the end of a tricky Friday practice session the 22-year-old said, “I am not at 100 per cent and in fact my injuries don’t feel as good as I had hoped on the bike, which is disappointing. This isn’t the best track for me, the slow corners don’t really suit my style and when I am not at full fitness it makes it more difficult, but today was okay considering the conditions.”

He continued, “During the early part when it was wet I was reminding myself of the track, and then when it was dry later on I didn’t really have enough time to go fast because we had some things to check on the setting. But there are 12 riders all very close together, within seven tenths of a second and I am not worried because it was a strange day and not one for making conclusions.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive