Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ducati wins Pikes Peak hill climb

From Ducati North America

PIKES PEAK, CO – Ducati North America has announced its first and third place finishes in the 88th annual Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, held on Sunday in the mountains above Colorado Springs, CO.

In its very first international competition, the Multistrada 1200 S took top honours in the 1200cc class in the hands of Pikes Peak veteran Greg Tracy. The Multistrada took a massive lead off the starting line, and rode into clouds to take the top podium position at 14,110 feet. Tracy ran a smooth, uneventful race.

“That was an exciting week I’ve got to say," Tracy enthused. "I want to thank Ducati for the opportunity they’ve given me - I was even pitted in front of Rhys Millen’s Unlimited Class ride - that was pretty cool!

"The Spider Grips Falkner-Livingston Multistrada was an amazing ride. Everyone did an awesome job and that motorcycle is crazy fast - it hit 137mph at one point. The bike worked great on the dirt and the asphalt.

"When I was growing up, and all these factory teams would win races, I was sure they had these $100,000 engines and that was why they went so fast. I was wrong. This is my first year on a factory motorcycle and I’ll tell you that bike was box-stock. It had some carbon, and few tweaks and that was it.”

Tracy's teammate Alexander Smith also put in a formidable performance, ensuring the second Ducati entry made the podium. Smith fought his way up the mountain, and while battling for second had an accident in the last corner, which slowed him down but still allowed time to remount and finish third.

For more information about Ducati’s win in the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, please visit www.ducatiusa.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive