Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bobbitt clinches Enduro title

From KTM Racing

WICKENBURGE, AZ -- Red Bull KTM Factory rider Russell Bobbitt secured his second National Enduro Championship at the 10th round of the AMA National Enduro Series last weekend while his teammate Mike Lafferty finished in the runner-up position.

Lafferty and Bobbitt both rode well throughout the day. Lafferty won the majority of the tests, which earned him the overall win. Bobbitt stayed strong and consistent and finished second which secured the championship.

"I was happy with my ride today but knew that Russell would have to make some pretty big mistakes to lose the championship," Lafferty said. "I got the race win, but not the championship. Now I will go home and continue my training to come back and try to win the championship next year."

"I am very excited about this championship. I worked hard all season long and am glad that I was able to have everything come together at the final round. It was a close title chase all year. I am happy for the entire team to earn first and second in the series," reported Bobbitt.

Results
1. Mike Lafferty - KTM
2. Russell Bobbitt - KTM
3. Cole Kirkpatrick - KTM
4. Derek Mahoney
5. Quinn Cody

Final Point Standings
1. Russell Bobbitt - 245
2. Mike Lafferty - 239
3. Cole Kirkpatrick - 190
4. Jeff Melik - 120
5. Chris Gallt - 84

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive