Friday, October 31, 2008

Nakano joins Aprilia in World Superbike

From worldsbk.com

Shinya Nakano has signed up to join Max Biaggi on the Aprilia RSV4, thus completing the Aprilia team that will race in the 2009 Superbike World Championship.

The Japanese rider signed a contract that ties him to Aprilia for the whole of the next season with an option for 2010.

Born in Chiba on Oct. 10, 1977, Nakano is a pilot of great experience who can boast 10 seasons in the World Championship: two in 250cc - the category in which he was vice-champion of the world in 2000 - one in 500cc and seven in MotoGP.

"I am happy indeed, for me it is a joy to belong to the Aprilia family," Nakano said. "Here I have found a big tradition and extraordinary competence in the races that Aprilia faces with high professionalism, and the 33 world titles won up to today are confirmation of this.

"Superbike is a new challenge. I want to risk all of my experience to help the new Aprilia RSV4 project. It will be a honour to be able to race beside Max Biaggi, he is a hero of mine and he was an inspiration to me in the first phases of my career. I am sure that together we will succeed in developing the best motorbike and to already get good results in the season 2009."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive