Friday, October 31, 2008

Rea makes World Superbike debut

From worldsbk.com

Jonathan Rea will make his World Superbike debut this weekend as the HANNspree Ten Kate Honda team heads to the final round of the 2008 championship at Portimao in Portugal.

The 21-year-old will race the Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR at the brand new, 4km Portimao circuit, which is hosting its first race meeting this weekend, following recent homologation by the FIM.

Meanwhile, Kenan Sofuoglu will return to the Supersport garage at Portimao to race alongside newly-crowned World Supersport champion Andrew Pitt, who secured the 2008 title - his second and the team's seventh - at the last round at Magny-Cours in France.

"It's going to be quite different from riding the Supersport bike and I'm really, really happy to get this chance, although I'm sad not to be able to finish off the year with my Supersport crew," declared Rea. "They've been brilliant all season and I really wanted to win the title for them.

"If everything clicks and I can ride to my potential, there's no reason why I shouldn't be near the front. Portimao is new to everyone, but everyone has also had all season to get their bikes working how they want, so I know how hard it's going to be. The first session on Friday will be just getting comfortable on the bike so I don't expect anything spectacular then. But I'll be aiming for Superpole and looking to score points in both races."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive