Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Kanney wins GNCC finale

From KTM Racing

CRAWFORDSVILLE, IN -- Red Bull KTM Factory rider Nate Kanney won his first race of the season at the Ironman GNCC Finale last weekend.

Kanney had a great start rounding the first turn in fifth. Within the first three miles he had easily worked his way into the lead. Once Kanney took over the lead, he pulled away and never looked back.

"It was easier passing for the lead than I expected because the top five guys kept my line open each time I started closing in on them," commented Kanney. "I was really happy with my ride today. The track conditions were perfect and I only had one run-in with a lapper that set me back a few seconds. All in all, it was a great day and I am happy to reward the team with a win at the final round of the season."

Kanney will now head to Japan where he will compete in a round of the Japanese cross-country series for the first time in his career.

Results
1. Nathan Kanney KTM
2. Charles Mullins Suzuki
3. Thaddeus Duvall Yamaha
4. Barry Hawk Yamaha
5. Paul Whibley Suzuki

Final Standings
1. David Knight KTM 286
2. Paul Whibley Suzuki 267
3. Joshua Strang Suzuki 247
4. Nathan Kanney KTM 242
5. Charles Mullins Suzuki 221
6. Jim Jarrett Suzuki 186
7. Glenn Kearney Husqvarna 171
8. Jason Raines Yamaha 162
9. Jesse Robinson Kawasaki 142
10. Barry Hawk Yamaha 132

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive