Friday, October 10, 2008

Knight to ride Weston Beach Race

From Global Motorsport Communications

Newly crowned US Grand National Cross Country Champion David Knight will be competing at this year’s Weston Beach race, which takes place this weekend in Weston-super-Mare, England.

With the ’08 US GNCC championship already secured by the Manxman following victory at round 11 of the series, Knight will miss round 12 of America’s largest off-road racing series to compete in what is one of the UK’s most challenging end-of-season events.

As in previous years Knight has decided to compete in both the quad and solo races, although his quad outing will be largely "just for fun." On Sunday however Knight is hoping for another solo class win having topped the event last time out in ’06 when he beat Belgian Stefan Everts.

Despite having done little serious sand riding of late Knight is feeling confident, as well as looking forward to competing in the UK for the first time since the WEC GP of Wales, staged back in July.

“Last year I wasn’t able to ride at Weston, which was a real disappointment, because I still hadn’t wrapped up the US GNCC series," Knight said. "I just couldn’t risk anything happening that might mess up the GNCC title. This year I managed to win the title with two rounds to go, which means I’ll be back at Weston.

"I’ve not ridden a quad much at all for the last two years, but I’m looking forward to it. Obviously, last time I rode the solo race I won so I’m looking to do the same again this year. There’s some really good riders competing this year so it should be a great event.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive