Monday, April 7, 2008

Brands British Superbike snowed out

From Suzuki Racing

The Rizla Suzuki team was left disappointed this weekend as the first round of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship at Brands Hatch in Kent had to be abandoned due to heavy snow.

MotorSport Vision Racing, the event organizer, has rescheduled the meeting for May 10-11 with grid positions from qualifying on April 5 still standing. This means that the Rizla Suzuki pairing of Tom Sykes and Atsushi Watanabe will start from fifth and ninth places respectively.

Both Rizla Suzuki racers were disappointed not to race however it has given Watanabe a chance to learn the arduous 2.3-mile track.

"I'm sorry not to race; this is big surprise for me as I never have race cancelled before," he said. "I had not seen snow until I came to England - now I see it a lot. For Thruxton I hope for good weather."

Round 2 of the Bennetts British Superbike Championship will take place at Thruxton on April 13-15.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive