Friday, April 18, 2008

Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Dietrich dominates at Washington WORCS

From Monster Energy Kawasaki

Auburn, WA - Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Ricky Dietrich took control in his home state to earn his first win of the season during the fourth round of the WORCS series at Pacific Raceways in Auburn, WA. Monster Energy Kawasaki Team Green rider Josh Morros finished with his second win in a row in the Pro 2 class. Morros finished fourth overall which automatically bumps the 16-year-old rider to the “big boy” class next round.

Dietrich returned to his home state of Washington fully confident that the home track advantage would help him earn his first win of the season. After a great start, Dietrich pulled into the lead following the first lap and stretched the gap to more than two minutes at one point.

“Racing in Washington has always been really good for me,” said Dietrich. “I know about half the people that were here and I had a lot of people supporting me while I was on the track. That is always a definite boost and makes you want t ride that much harder.”

With his winning performance on Sunday and his consistent podium finishes the last two rounds, Dietrich has pulled within five points of the championship leaders. He currently sits in third behind a two-way tie for first.

Like Dietrich, Morros got out in front early and gapped the Pro 2 field by the time he entered the woods. He rode smart to finish with his second win of the season and moves into second-place in the Pro 2 point’s standings.

“I had a really comfortable race here,” said Morros. “I got out front early and just tried to ride smart and consistent. It’s easy to make mistakes on a track as technical as this and I think I did good job of keeping my head up.”

When Morros came across the finish line, he came across with the fourth-best overall time. The WORCS Series rules state that if a Pro 2 rider finishes in the top-five overall and at least seven of the top ten Pro riders in points finish the race, they must move up into the Pro class.

“I knew I was probably going to do it sometime this year, but it’s still pretty early in the season,” said Morros. “You know it’s pretty scary to think I’ll be running with those guys. I’m definitely excited, but it’s a whole different thing when you are running with the pros. We’ll see how it goes in Hollister.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive