Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lesieur close at Shannonville

From Genevieve Lesieur

Genevieve Lesieur competed in the first round of the RACE regional championship at Shannonville last weekend. The weekend was marked by a record temperature of 27 degrees, making the races physically very hard.

In the Women's class, despite a bad start, Lesieur came back to produce a finish so close the winner had to be determined using transponders evidence, which unfortunately put her second by just .007 secs.

"I was obviously disappointed, but looking at it from now, I am very proud of my racing on the track, I never gave up," Lesieur said. "I think the pilot, Marie-Josee Boucher did not suspect that I was so close."

In the Amateur classes, Lesieur collected an eighth place in 600 and a sixth in Superbike.

"It was my first career race on the Fabi track and even if I aimed for a top five, my lap times were exceptional," she said. "To get more track time, I registered in the Superbike class (1000cc and below) in which I would measure up to more powerful bikes. It was a good experience and my sixth place is very promising."

It was also the first weekend of the season for the entire Chaine Performance / Sport Patoine team.

Next race is May 2-4, RACE Regional Round 2 at Shannonville on the Nelson Track.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive