Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Suzuki focused on Assen

From Team Alstare Suzuki

The dramatic events and disappointment of the last round in Valencia have been firmly put aside and Fonsi Nieto, Yukio Kagayama and Max Neukirchner’s thoughts are focussing on Assen this coming weekend.

Neukirchner's collarbone is healing very well and, although he will not be at 100% in Assen, he expects to be competitive right from the start of first practice. Seeing his maiden WSBK win disappear within sight of the chequered flag was a big blow, but the young German has erased that memory and is looking forward instead.

Kagayama was not 100% fit himself in Valencia, but the three-week break from the last round means that he is now ready for Assen.

"My injury gets better every day and I hope that I will be able to give 100% at Assen," Neukirchner said. "I managed two top 10 places in last year’s races, so this year I am chasing podiums for sure -as long as my collarbone is up to it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive