Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Podium for Neukirchner

From Team Suzuki Alstare

Team Alstare Suzuki rider Max Neukirchner took a superb third place in the first race of the World Superbike Championship round in Assen on Sunday.

The young German was a contender throughout the 22-lapper and finished strongly behind series leader Troy Bayliss (Ducati) and Carlos Checa (Honda).

Neukirchner was also a podium contender in the second race until a small brake problem forced him to slow. But he kept charging hard and finished fifth to record his best weekend of the season.

"Race one was a fantastic race and a fantastic result for me," Neukirchner said. "I was always with the front runners and felt very comfortable with them. I had some small problems with two right turns and maybe it was because I was using the rear brake too much that the front was moving round a bit.

"In race two, I think I overdid the front braking and after 10 laps had a lot of problems with grip in the fast corners. So instead of pushing too hard, I decided to ride safely and get as many points as possible."

Team Suzuki Alstare rider Yukio Kagayama took fourth place in race one and then suffered a tire problem in race two which forced him down the order to sixth. His teammate Fonsi Nieto had a weekend to forget, with a crash and a DNF in race one and an 11th in race two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive