Friday, April 4, 2008

Suzukis 1-2 in Valencia

From Team Suzuki Alstare

VALENCIA, SPAIN -- Suzuki Alstare riders Max Neukirchner and Yukio Kagayama ended the first day of qualifying in first and second places at the Ricardo Tormo circuit Friday. Fonsi Nieto suffered grip problems and finished down the order in 16th place.

"I am very happy today, not so much because I was the quickest but because we found a good bike set-up," said Neukirchner, who turned a lap at 1:34.806. "We started with the set-up from when we tested here in March and then found a new way to make the bike more stable both in the front and the rear. It’s been quite cool today and we know that we have more problems when the temperature rises, so I guess I am hoping that it stays much the same."

Kagayama turned a 1:34.932.

"Today we carried on our work and I think everything is getting better," he said. "We began with the set-up from our last test and tried to find some small improvements. I didn’t have any big problems today, just a little rear end problem in the afternoon. My physical condition is not 100%, but that’s probably quite good because it means that I wasn’t pushing too hard."

Results
1. Max Neukirchner (D-Alstare Suzuki) 1:34.806
2. Yukio Kagayama (J-Suzuki Alstare) 1:34.932
3. Carlos Checa (E-Honda) 1:35.042
4. Troy Bayliss (Aus-Ducati) 1:35.060
5. Michel Fabrizio (I-Ducati) 1:35.080
6. Lorenzo Lanzi (I-Ducati) 1:35.085

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive