Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Jason Lawrence take new Lites class lead into Houston

From Live Nation

San Diego - In a startling turn of events, the Western Regional AMA Supercross Lites class’ championship has changed hands and was taken over by Yamaha of Troy’s Jason Lawrence, last Saturday night at San Diego’s Qualcomm Stadium.

Lawrence captured his third consecutive AMA Supercross Lites class win and removed Rockstar Makita Suzuki’s Ryan Dungey, from the enviable number-one position.

“I was keeping tabs on where Ryan (Dungey) was during the main event,” said Lawrence after last weekend’s race. “He crashed for the third weekend in a row. He cracked under the pressure. We have two more races to go, and I am up by two points. I am trying to win this championship. I can have the target on my back for the rest of my life because I do ok under pressure.”

In the AMA Supercross class, Team San Manuel’s, Chad Reed, brings a solid, yet vulnerable 35-point lead in the championship points race to Houston. Reed is a two-time AMA Supercross class winner at Houston.

Reed was challenged by Red Bull Honda’s Davi Millsaps, last weekend in San Diego where the two traded positions throughout the AMA Supercross class main event.

“I was glad to get my first holeshot in the AMA Supercross class,” said Millsaps. “Chad (Reed) and I were dicing back and forth in the main event, and it was good to ride his pace. He was going fast, and I have to give it up to him.”

“I am happy to get the win here tonight in San Diego,” said Reed. “I won every race in California this year, and I have never done that before. Now that we are leaving the west coast, I get to go home to Florida and sleep in my own bed. I have to take each race one at a time.”

Equally impressive was Monster Energy® Kawasaki’s Tim Ferry, who staged a late-race comeback and passed Millsaps on lap 13. It was Ferry’s first second-place finish of the season. Millsaps finished third.

“I felt good after the Anaheim 3 race, and the momentum carried over here to San Diego,” said Ferry. “I hope it keeps going into Houston. I am adapting better each race, and I am closer than I have ever been to getting a win. I hope that day comes soon.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive