Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Second warm up round in France

By Jeff Morgan with files from KTM, Yamaha Racing and Suzuki Racing

Valence, France – The second warm-up round before the World Motocross Championships took place this past weekend in Valence, France. After several weeks of testing, teams use this as an opportunity to see how close they are with their set-ups in full race conditions.

Josh Coppins was on the top step of the podium in the MX1 class and he felt positive about the day. “It was an enjoyable race because the weather was good for once, and the track offered near Grand Prix conditions, which meant that I could really go for it,” said the YZ450FM rider.

Steve Ramon fought hard for third position (on a track that he does not particularly enjoy). “I had a good day here even though it's not my favourite track,” said Ramon after the third difficult moto. “It’s always one of the first races of the year and I sometimes find it difficult on this track. The last race was really good and I had a little battle with Josh after fighting my way through the pack.”

The MX2 class saw a KTM 1-2 finish with Tyla Rattray and Tommy Searle respectively. “I felt very good in all three races,” Rattray said. “It was a good preparation for the season. I was faster than in Mantova so my speed is improving and I am really going to be ready and in good form when the season starts.”

Tommy Searle returned from practicing in the US for the race, he also does not enjoy the track, but took it in stride. “It is very stony but I took it as a practice,” he said. “I did not have a good start in the first race. The second was quite good but then I had a crash and the third race of the day was my best.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive